Lymph Drainage Therapy 1 – LDT1
LDT1 - Lymphatic Pathways - Anatomical Integrity
CPD/CPE - 24 Hours
Full Fee - $1200inc GST. The Saver Price of $990 is available till the 2nd Feb 2019.
Lymph Drainage Therapy (LDT) is a cutting edge hands-on method of lymphatic drainage developed by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO. It was created out of his award-winning research on the lymphatic system consistent with recent scientific discoveries.
LDT1 takes traditional lymph drainage techniques and adds a level of precision. LDT is the first technique that enables practitioners to detect and palpate the specific rhythm, direction, depth and quality of the lymph flow anywhere in the body. Skilled practitioners with developed listening skills can practice Manual Lymphatic Mapping (MLM) of the lymphatic vessels.
LDT practitioners use their hands to assess and enhance overall circulation as well as determine the best alternate pathways for draining stagnant body fluid (lymph, interstitial, synovial fluid, etc…).
Therapists work with flat hands, using all the fingers to simulate gentle, specific wave-like movements. These subtle manual maneuvers activate lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems.
This class is to prepare practitioners to later be able to “map” the lymphatic pathways with their hands (Manual Lymphatic Mapping) as well as identify precise areas of the body where there is fluid stagnation or fibrosis, and then find the most appropriate pathways for drainage.
Trained students will learn in advanced classes how to work with mucosa, muscles, fascia, tendons, periosteum, most viscera, chambers of the eyes, dura, pia, interstitial, synovial fluid, and blood vessels.
LDT also includes advanced techniques such as Lympho-Fascia Release (LFR) to simultaneously release lesions in the fascia and fluid of the body. These techniques can be applied to viscera, ligaments, tendons, trigger points or fascia in the body.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have learned the following:
• Describe basic anatomy, physiology of the lymph system and main body fluids.
• Explain the scientific principles behind Lymph Drainage Therapy, and why the lymphatic system plays a crucial role in recovering from disease and enhancing health.
• Explain the importance of the lymphatic system and how it relates to blood and other body fluids.
• Describe main indications and contraindications of LDT.
• Perform techniques that help you move lymph and interstitial fluid through the body to cleanse it of toxins.
• Describe the main specific locations of lymph nodes and lymph vessels.
• Work with a 3-dimensional perspective of the lymphatic anatomy of the body.
• Palpate lymph flow and explain key details to specifically do so.
• Demonstrate specific lymph-drainage sequences for the face and neck, upper and lower extremities, superficial and deep abdomen.
• Describe key points to observe for optimal lymph drainage results.
• Travel through the body via the "lymphatic highway" to accurately understand fluid flow.
• Perform techniques for pre-post surgical conditions.
• Put treatments and self-help techniques right away into practice.
Prerequisite: Professional healthcare practitioner, student in healthcare program or graduate awaiting license/accreditation with experience in manual therapy.
- Silent Waves by Bruno Chikly, MD, DO, LMT. Available for $80inc GST, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0411 488198 to order.
Lymph Drainage Therapy 1 (LDT1) Course Date
|Lymph Drainage Therapy 1 (LDT1)||The Adina Apartment Hotel Sydney|